It has been predicted that there's going to be Northern Lights in Levi soon. So take a look skywards! Prediction provided by Sunsää.
LEVI TOURIST INFORMATION tel +358 16 639 3378
Open Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00.
Sat 10.00 – 16.00, Sun closed.
NOTE: closed on 28-29.9.2017
LEVI destination sales tel +358 16 639 3300
Open Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00. NOTE: closed on 28-29.9.2017
Sat-Sun closed (the Tourist Information will assist you with the accommodation matters on Saturdays)
LEVI TRAVEL AGENCY tel +358 16 639 3380
Mon-Fri 9.00 - 16.00, Sat-Sun closed. NOTE: closed on 28-29.9.2017
- Levi Tourist Office, Levi Destination Booking Office and Levi Travel Agency location: Myllyjoentie 2, blue building near the roundabout.
- Outside Levi Hotel Spa reception, next to the main entrance (Hotelli), Levintie street
- Outside S-Market supermarket, Leviraitti street
- TaxiLevi +358 200 99200 www.taxilevi.fi
- Airport bus / Kittilä - Levi - Kittilä - Kittilä airport is located only 15 min from Levi centre.
Schedule: arriving flights / departing flights Tickets adults 8 € / one way and 14 € / return, tickets children: 4,20 € / one way and 8 € / return www.tunturilinjat.fi
- Transportation to the railway station - Bus to Kolari railway station: www.tunturilinjat.fi (there is a bus connection for every departure). Train tickets available from Levi Travel Agency. To Rovaniemi bus station (tickets from the driver) please see the bus timetable www.matkahuolto.fi.
- Public bus connection Kittilä - Levi - Kittilä and Levi - Rovaniemi - levi - please check timetable and prices www.matkahuolto.fi
MEDICAL SERVICES / PHARMACIES
- Pihlajalinna Dextra Medical Centre Levi
Private doctor and X-ray. Open Mon-Fri 8.00-16.00 and Sat 10.00-16.00 (until 30.9.2017)
Lab: Mon-Thu 8.00–13.00 (express samples every day). Appointments: +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel SPA in the building Korsa.
- Emergency duty at Kittilä Health Centre
The emergency duty phone number +358 400 356 498, address: Sairaalatie 2, 99100 Kittilä (after 16.00 and on weekends from 08.00 +358 16 510 0200)
- Dentist Pihlajalinna Dextra Levi Appointments: +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel Spa, in the building Korsa.
- Dentist - Kittilä Health Centre Mon–Thu 8.00-15.00 and Fri 8.00–13.00.Emergencies during office days tel. +358 40 546 391 and at weekends from 9.30–10.30, tel. +358 106 338 330.
- Pharmacy in Levi open Mon - Fri 10.00 - 17.00, Sat - Sun closed. (2.9-24.9 open on Saturdays at 10.00-14.00)
Tel +358 20 773 8871, address: Leviraitti 1, next to K-Supermarket Levi Market
- Pharmacy in Kittilä Mon-Fri 9.00-17.00, Sat 9.00–14.00, tel. +35820 773 8870, address: Valtatie 29 www.kittilanapteekki.fi
National emergency number 112
SUPERMARKETS / SHOP / POST OFFICE
- K-Supermarket LeviMarket Mon-Sat 8.00–21.00, Sun and public holidays 09.00-21.00
- S-Market Levi Mon-Sat 08.00-21.00 and Sun and public holidays 09.00-21.00 - NOTE: Post Office operates in S-Market
- K-Market LevinPoro open daily 10.00-19.00
- Alko (liquor store) Mon-Thu and Sat10.00-18.00, Fridays 10.00-20.00. Closed on Sun and public holidays.
- Levi Wine Cellar daily 12.00 - 20.00, address Torikuja 10. Reindeer soup daily
Other times upon request, tel+358 50 4936 345. Laptops for rent, chargeable internet and printing services.
- Santas Shop (and luggage storage and summer café) open Tue - Sat 10.00 - 16.00. Luggage storage on call +358 40 1978 908
- Alpine Cafe (Gondoli2000 area) open daily 10.00 - 18.00, lunch buffet daily 11.00 - 15.00
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi:
Coffee House & Bar open until 19.9.2017 daily 10.00-22.00 and lunch 11.00 - 14.00 and 20.9-31.10.2017 open 12.00-20.00).
Salmon soup daily at 11.00-15.00
Kiisa open Mon -Sat 17.00 - 22.00, Sun closed
- Kotipizza open Mon - Thu and Sun 11.00 - 20.00, Fri and Sat 11.00 -20.30
- Hotel Hullu Poro:
- Rock Cafe Wanha Poro open Fri - Sun 22.00 - 04.00.
- Hotel Levi Panorama:
Restaurant Panorama, A la Carte daily 18.00 - 22.00 (last order 21.30)
- Levi Hotel SPA:
Ahku main restaurant.breakfast daily 7.00-10.00. Soup lunch Mon-Sat at 11.00-14.00.
A la Carte Tue - Sat 17.00 - 22.00 and Sun - Mon 17.00 - 21.00. Karaoke Tue - Sat.
Classic Pizza open daily 11.00 - 22.00.
Burger King opens on 21.9.2017
- Lapland Hotel Sirkantähti:
Restaurant Sirkantähti open daily 17.00 - 21.00
- Levi Panimo & Pub (restaurant downstairs) open daily 12.00 - 23.00
- Lapland Restaurant Jängällä open Tue - Sat 18.00 - 22.00
- Nili-Poro Restaurant open Sun - Thu 14.00 - 22.30, Fri - Sat 12.00-22-30.
- Pizza Factory open daily 11.00 - 22.00
- Poron Bensis (ST1 petrol station) open Mon-Fri 7.00-20.00 and Sat-Sun 9.00-20.00. Lunch buffet daily 11.00-16.00
- Restaurant Colorado open Mon - Thu 14.00 - 22.00 and Fri - Sun 12.00 - 22.00 (kitchen open until 22.00)
- Restaurant Draivi (Golf course) open daily 8.00 - 21.00, lunch buffet daily 11.00 - 16.00
- Restaurant King Crab House open daily 12.00 - 22.00 (23.00)
- Restaurant Myllyn Äijä open daily 12.00 - 22.00
- Restaurant Tonttula in Köngäs village open daily 11.00 - 16.00
- Restaurant Pihvipirtti (Steak House) open daily 18.00 - 23.00
- Ristorante Renna open daily 12.00 - 22.00
- Restaurant Ämmilä open daily (until 23.9.2017) lunch buffet at 11.00-15.00. Lappish buffet on Sundays, Á la carte daily 15.00 -23.00
- Subway open Mon - Sat 11.00 - 19.00, Sun 12.00 - 16.00
- Tuikku - View and Fell restaurant open 10.00 - 16.00. Performers/events: tuikku.fi and the Facebook pages of the restaurant.
CAFÉS AND BARS
- Bar Ihku open Sun - Thu 18.00 - 04.00 and Fri - Sat 14.00 - 04.00. Downstairs open Thu - Sat 22.00 - 04.00
- Café Bar Kota open Tue - Sun 12.00 - 02.00, soup lunch 12.00 - 17.00.
- Café Riihi (waffle café in Immelkartano) open daily 11.00 - 17.00
- Café Sammun Tupa (reindeer farm in Taalo area) open Mon - Fri 10.00 - 16.00
- Café Soma Levi open Mon-Sat 11.00-18.00 and Sun 12.00 - 16.00
- Café Spiella open when films are showing. Open daily 12.00-18.00. Coffee, snacks and soup lunch.
- Café Tanja (Zero Point) open daily 10.00-18.00.
- Cafe Palovartija (on top of Levi, accesible with Gondoli2000 lift) open daily 11.00 - 17.00.
- Coffee House & Bar (Break Sokos Hotel Levi) open daily 10.00-22.00 (20.9-31.10.2017 open 12.00-20.00)
- Gold Digger Bar & Lounge (Hotel Levi Panorama) as a viewing point daily 10.00-20.00
- Hullu Poro Areena Club open when there are events/performers. Calender
- Kafet Café & Bakery open daily at 10.00-16.00, soup at 11.00-14.00.
- Lapland Hotel Sirkantähti bar open daily 12.00 - 22.00
- Levi Panimo & Pub (pub upstairs) open daily 12.00 - 03.00
- Night Club Dejavu open 1. - 17.9. during Wed - Sun 00.00 - 04.00
- Pannukakkutalo (pancakes) open daily 12.00 - 20.00.
- Paviljonki (Golf course, after fair way 12) open daily 10.00 - 21.00
- Public House Sohva open daily 14.00-02.00.
- Pub Hölmölä open daily 12.00 - 24.00 (Fri and Sat -02.00)
- Reindeer Lounge and Bar (Hotel Hullu Poro) open 8.00-01.30
- Activity Park, address: Gondolintie 1: free of charge at the parking lot. From Alpine Cafe - open daily 12.00 - 18.00: electricity 10€/day/vehicle, shower 5€/person, daily sauna (10.00 - 17.00) 30€/pers. Further Information t. +358 207 960 280
- Levilehto Apartments, address: Levintie 1265: open daily 12.00 - 20.00. Camping van/-car 28€/day, tent 24€/day. Price including electricity and kitchen, toilet, shower and sauna services. T. +358 403 120 200
SPORT STORES / RENTALS / JEWELLERY, GIFT & SOUVENIR SHOPS
- Ebba ja Erkki open Mon - Sat 10.00 - 17.00
- Kinos Safaris Prohop Snowmobile parts, accessories, fishing & clothing.
- Intersport Levi open Mon-Fri 10.00 - 18.00, Sat 10.00 - 16.00 and Sun 11.00 - 15.00. Check exceptions directly with the shop, t. +358 400 767 475
- Levi Gift & Souvenirs open daily 10.00 - 19.00
- Shopporo (Levi square) open Tue - Sat 10.00-18.00.
- Stadium Ski Levi open Mon - Sat 10.00 - 17.00, Sun closed.
- Team Sportia Levi and Head Sport, Keskuskuja 4. Open Tue - Fri 10.00-17.00, Sat 10.00 - 15.00. Sun - Mon closed.
- Wood Jewel open daily 10.00 - 19.00.
- Zero Point rental, service & Zero Point Brand Store open daily 10.00-18.00.
- Express (Front slope) open daily (until 24.9) 10.00 - 21.00 (18.00 - 21.00 free of charge) - gondoli lift open weather permitting
- Gondoli2000 (Activity Park) open daily (until 1.10)10.00 - 18.00 (weather permitting) From 2.-22.10 open daily 10.00-16.00 (weather permitting)
FIRE PLACES OPEN
- Golf course in the area of Koillisrinne, kota nr. 6
- along the Ice Age Route (Huipunkota), between lifts nr 10 and 11
- Lammaskuru kota
- fire place along Huippupolku (on top of Levi fell)
- fire places of Kätkä fell: Kätkä on top of the fell and Kätkän laavu
SPA (LEVI Hotel SPA)
- Open daily 11.00-21.00. Entrance fee 22€ ad and 14€ ch (6-14yrs)
- Morning swim Tue-Sun at 9.00-11.00
- Unlimited time in Spa. It's possible to hire a swim suit and towel from the Spa.
- Children's World (Ailu Family Fun), see below
- Ailu Family Fun in Levi Spa open daily 11.00-20.00
- Levi Bowling. Open Tue - Sun 11.00 - 22.00 (00.00)
Summer sled track
Open daily until 24.9.2017 10.00 - 18.00, last ascent 17.30 (weather permitting). Situated in Levi Centre, tickets from Zero Point.
Further information: Oy Levi Ski Resort Ltd +358 207 960 200
- Prices (under 11yrs.) one acent 5,50€, five ascents 23,00€ and ten ascents 44€
- Prices(over 11yrs.) one ascent 7,50€, five ascents 32,50€ and ten ascents 55€
- Children under 6 yrs can go for free with adults.
- Adventure Park
At Levi Adventure Park you can experience a genuine fell adventure in a Lappish pine forest. 4 tracks of which the highest one in 5 meters.Special track for kids between 4 to 6 years with parents supervision. Please report at Activity Park rental (Gondolitie 1) 15 min before takeoff. Prices: tracks 1-3: 23€, tracks 1-4: 30€. The daily departures:
14.8. - 24.9.2017 at 10:30 and 14:00
- NEW adventure Park opens on 25.9.2017 at 10.00-18.00. From 2.10.2017 open 10.00-16.00
- Bike Park
Open daily 10.00 - 18.00 (Gondola2000 -lift weather dependin). Further information from here.
Disc Golf Park World (open 24/7 with own equipment, frisbees for rent at Activity Park rental during the opening hours)
- Minigolf, Skate Park, children's traffic park
- Gondoli2000 -scenic lift, equipment rental and restaurant services (lunch buffet daily 11.00 - 14.00)
- play ground of Lappset, a kota with grilling possibility (gas)
- 2 tennis courts (no appointment required)
- Further information of all services daily 10.00 - 18.00, Oy Levi Ski Resort Ltd, t. +358 207 960 200
CINEMA LEVI SUMMIT
- Tickets 10 €/ adults and 7,5 €/ children under 12 years. Tickets from Levi Summit
- Alcohol licensed
- Films showing on Fri and Sat at 14.00 and 18.00 on Sunday at 14.00. OBS! 9.9. closed for private function!
Further details and program: Levi Summit
CHILDREN`S WORLD of levi hotel spa
(in Spa building) Indoor playing area (under parent’s guidance).
- Open daily 14.00-20.00
- Visit Ailu Family Fun – the activity area of children downstairs of the Spa
Entrance fee including glow bowling for children
- Entrance fee 10€ / child (under 2yrs free of charge)
Levi Hotel Spa hotel guests free of charge
- MLL Child Care Booking by phone or via internet. Booking on the phone during week day and from 8.00-13.00 (Finnish time): tel +358 40 772 5078. When booking via internet you need to register on the box on the right clicking on the link “Rekisteröidy nettipalvelun uudeksi käyttäjäksi”. Once entered, the registration form is available also in English. You only need to register all your details once. The following times you only need to insert your choosen user’s name and password at the following address www.lastenhoito.mll.fi. It is also possible to hire babies travel accessories calling +358 40 9646 749.
- Kittilä 4H- association
Nilitie 1, 99100 Kittilä. 4H Association Executive Director Leena Kinnunen can be contacted either by email or by phone.The service is provided by trustworthy youngster in the evenings and on weekends in the Kittilä - Levi area.Contact: email@example.com, tel +358 400 819 549
LEVI HUSKY PARK
- Levi Huskypark - guided tours on Wed, Fri and Sun at 12.00 and 13.00. Other datys upon request. Entrance fee ad: 12€ and ch: 6€ (2-11yrs).
- The guide introduces sledge dogs' history and everyday life. During the tour the whole family has the opportunity to meet Siberian huskies, happy little dogs, trained movie animals such as dogwolves, arctic foxes and reindeer, and also the Tundrawolf.
- Levi Huskypark is situated in Köngäs village, along the road leading to Inari, approximately 11 km from Levi Centre. Tel. +358 40 570 6572
*Borrow a village bike for free! There are 120 village bikes in Levi for guests' use during the summer and autumn. Everyone can borrow a green village bike for 24 hours when showing the ID (with photo) / 1 bike per person, children with the parent's ID.
*It's possible to rent a helmet from Zero Point rental
*You can borrow a bike from one place and return it to any of the other official places during their opening hours: Levi Tourist lnformation, Hotel Hullu Poro, Break Sokos Hotel Levi, Levi Hotel Spa - the SPA reception, Hotel Levi Panorama, Lapland Hotel Sirkantähti, Zero Point in Levi Centre, Activity Park rental, Draivi at the Golf course. Please check the opening hours!
- Open on Tue - Sat 11.00 - 17.00 . Entrance fee without guided tour: 8 €/ person, under 2 yrs free of charge. Guided Tour 15 €/ adult and 10 €/ child. Guided visit and short kart-pony ride 22€/adult and 16€/ child. Cash payment only at the farm or card payment at the Levi Tourist Office. Purolantie street, 1 km south of Levi. Tel: +358 400 184 239 / Anu
- At the Kompiainen animal farm you can nurse, feed and brush the cute farmyard animals. During a guided tour you will meet among others Sulo the mini pig, Ilmari the male goat and Kirppu the she-goat. They enjoy been brushed while the goatling takes their daily nap. Kunkku the pony waits to be fed his hay and to be rubbed while Musta-Pekka the henhouse’s rooster hides the mistress’s egg who knows where! These and many other animals live in an idyllic setting in the yard of the old farmhouse. Juice is offered during a guided visit.
- Golf course open
- Range and practising area open, golf ball automat is working with 2€ coins
- Caddiemaster present daily 8.00 - 20.00, tel. +358 16 641 150
- Further information from here
GYM / WORKOUT CLASSES
- Hotel Hullu Poro gym daily 07.00 – 21.00. Single visit 9 €
- KuruYoga, Hot Yoga Studio. Further information & reservation tel. +358 41 5387604; www.kuruyoga.fi.
- Levi Wellness Club customer service and gym Mon–Fri 17.00 - 20.00. tel. +358 400 232 641. Calendar: www.leviwellnessclub.fi.
- Levi Wellness Clus Spa: customer service and gym Mon–Fri 9.00-12.00. Single visit 10€. For Levi Wellness card holder open daily 7.00-20.00
HAIR SALONS / MASSAGE / SPA TREATMENTS
- Anu Rauhala, tel +358 400 184239, on request classic, sport and cupping massage
- Hair Studio Basement tel.+358 500 555 566, Leviraitti 6.
- Hair Levi Salon Huis Levi open, please call. Reservations: +358 40 5619480, hiuslevi.fi
- Levi Spa Wellness open Mon - Fri 10.00 - 18.00, Sat 12.00 - 17.00, Sun and bank holiday closed. During 6.8-28.9.2017 Mon-Fri 11.00-18.00, Sat 12-17.00
- Masseuse Anette tel. +358 45 110 5501
- Merja Kurula / Aloe Eagle Finland tel. +358 40 583 6654, Indian head massage
- Physiotherapy and massage / Dextra Appointments: +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel Spa, in the building Korsa.
- Relax Center (Levi Square) Tue-Sat 10.00 - 18.00.
ST. MARY’S CHAPEL
- Open daily 11.00 - 15.00, weekly Mass every Wed at 20.00. The Chapel is located in Mariankuja, in the centre of the village.
ART MUSEUMS / GALLERIES / EXHIBITIONS
Daily 12.00 - 18.00. Located at Koutalaki in Levi Summit. An indoor and outdoor exhibition, which presents the history and present day of the European Union’s only ethnic group, the Sami. Exhibition of Sami’ mythology and photographic exhibition “Sami’s magical light”.
Tickets from Levi Tourist Information or direclty from Levi Summit reception. Tickets: 12 €/ adult, 10 €/ pensioners and students, 9 €/ children 7-16 years, 0-6 years free of charge, family ticket 24 € (2adults+2child or 1adult+3child). Included in the price coffee/tea after the visit. Tickets from Café Spiella in Levi Summit or from the Levi Tourist Office. You can reach Samiland by car/taxi, take the Express cabin lift. Web page: www.samiland.fi
- Särestöniemi Art Museum
in Kaukonen, 49 km south of Levi.) Tue-Sat 12.00–18.00 (closed on public holidays). Entrance fee: 12 €/ adult and 10 €/ children/ students / pensioners. Family ticket: 35 € (2 adults and 2 children 7-16 years). Groups: 10 € /person (min. 15 people). Free entrance: ICOM card, children under 7 years old. Guided tour 25 € (1-1,5 h) should be reserved beforehand. The Särestöniemi Museum reserves the right to change entrance fees. Tel. +358 16 654 480. An interesting Museum commemorating the art and life of one of the most famous painters of Finland. Web page: www.sarestoniemenmuseo.fi
- Palsa Museum in Kittilä Centre, address Kivitie 14b. Open daily (until 30.9) 12.00 - 18.00. Admittance 5€, ch under 15yrs 2,50€ (cash only). The home and atelier Getsemane of artist Kalervo Palsa. Driving instructions: take road 79 to Kittilä and follow the sign post to Ansatie parking lot and to the museum.
T. +358 016 654 480.
- Einari Junttila Art Museum
In Kittilä, Sammontie 5 (behind Nordea bank). Einari Junttila’s (1901 – 1975) 110 years in memorial exhibition. Gallery is open on Thursdays 13.00 – 17.00. Other times on request, tel. +358 40 7034657. Closed on public holidays. Ticket 5 €/ adult cash only. www.lapinmuseot.fi
- Gallery Raekallio In Pöntsö at about 18km from Levi towards Muonio. Open daily at 10.00–18.00, free entrance. On request meals and smoke sauna. www.galleriaraekallio.com
- Sirpa Alalääkkölä’s Art On display at Hotel Hullu Poro.
- Marja Pessi Sales Art exhibition in medical Centre Pihlajalinna Dextra, please see the opening hours on page 1. www.marjapessi.net
RESTAURANTS / OTHER SERVICES ON REQUEST
- Guest Inn Jurtta on request for groups, also catering, tel. +358 40 590 4328
- Immelkartano dinners, saunas, tel. +358 400 394 182
- LeviDeli catering on request, tel: +358 40 589 4906
- Levin Lapinkylä smoke sauna, meals, te. +358 400 225 240
- Luvattumaa lunch, dinners, sauna for groups, bookings in advance, tel +358 40 740 0925
- Restaurant Hullu Poro Kammi reindeer feasts for groups upon request from Hotel Hullu Poro sales, tel +358 16 6510 552
- Restaurant Saamen Kammi seating for groups upon request from Hotel K5 Levi sales, tel +358 40 456 2059
- Kiisa Restaurant (Sokos Hotel Levi) on request for groups, tel. +358 16 321 5555
- Sammun Tupa smoke sauna, tel. +358 16 650 606
- Taivas Restaurant for groups, tel. +358 16 6510 552
- Taivaanvalkeat and Tonttula for groups (min. 30 persons), tel. +358 16 6510 500
- Valkea Vaadin Restaurant on request for private functions, tel. +358 16 6510 552
- View Restaurant Tuikku on request for groups, tel +358 16 641 466, +358 16 644 240
RECYCLING POINTS IN LEVI
- Recycling points for glass, metal, paper and mixed waste: Front pistes, Lämpötie (road), Nuottirakka, by ST1 petrol station, next to the Levi Tourist Office.
RESTAURANT / CAFÉS
- Guesthouse Golden Goose Valtatie 42, tel. +358 16 642 043, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Café Soma Valtatie 16, Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00, Sat 11.00-16.00 and Sun 12.00-16.00. Soup lunch, tel.+358 40 509 2585
- Lapin Herkkutupa Café & Bakery Valtaie 37, Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00, Sat 10.00-16.00. Lunch 11.00-14.30. tel: +358 40 355 7363
SUPERMARKET / JEWELLERY / GIFT SHOPS / SOUVENIRS / CAR PARTS AND REPAIR
- Ainut Shop Jewellery of Lapland, Valtatie 27, Mon-Fri 10.00-17.00 and Sat 10.00-14.00 and upon appointments, tel +358 50 525 4242
- Wilderness & Pets accessories Aihki (Vatlatie 32-34) open Man-Fri 9.00-17.00 and Sat 10.00-14.00. Tel +358 40 034 4557
- Florist & giftshop Lumitähti Valtatie 27, Mon-Fri 10.00-17.00, Sat 10.00-14.00 and Sunday on request, tel +358 16 643 395
- K-Supermarket Kittilä Mon-Sat 7.00-21.00 and Sun 10.00-21.00
- Kinos Motors (repairs), at Kittilä airport, Mon-Fri 10.00- 16.00, Ski-Doo & Lynx parts, maintenance, repair & service, tel +358 400 265 645
- Kittilän Autotarvike (car parts shop – Valtatie 39) open Mon-Fri 8.30-17.00 and Sat 10.00-13.00. Tel +358 400 698883
- Kittilän Laatukone (Merchandising and Hardware - Valtatie 26) open Mon-Fri 7.00-17.00 (back door opens at 7.00). Tel. +358 16 643 395
- Kittilä library , Kirjatie 1, 99100 Kittilä. Mon – Thu 11.00 – 18.00, Fri 09.00 – 16.00. Closed at weekends and bank holidays.
- Revontuliopisto various courses in Finnish. www.revontuliopisto.fi
All rights reserved 15.9.2017
Further details and booking from Levi Tourist information or www.levi.fi/en.