It has been predicted that there's going to be Northern Lights in Levi soon. So take a look skywards! Prediction provided by Sunsää.
LEVI TOURIST INFORMATION tel +358 16 639 3378
Open Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00.
Sat -Sun 10.00 - 16.00
LEVI destination sales tel +358 16 639 3300
Open Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00.
LEVI TRAVEL AGENCY tel +358 16 639 3380
Mon-Fri 9.00 - 16.00, Sat-Sun closed
- Levi Tourist Office, Levi Destination Booking Office and Levi Travel Agency location: Myllyjoentie 2, blue building near the roundabout.
- Outside Levi Hotel Spa reception, next to the main entrance (Hotelli), Levintie street
- Outside S-Market supermarket, Leviraitti street
- TaxiLevi +358 200 99200 www.taxilevi.fi
- Levi-Kittilä Taxi t. +358 200 99800 www.levintaksi.com
- Airport bus / Kittilä - Levi - Kittilä - Kittilä airport is located only 15 min from Levi centre.
Schedule: arriving flights / departing flights Tickets adults 8 € / one way and 14 € / return, tickets children: 4,20 € / one way and 8 € / return www.tunturilinjat.fi
- Transportation to the railway station - Bus to Kolari railway station: www.tunturilinjat.fi (there is a bus connection for every departure). Train tickets available from Levi Travel Agency. To Rovaniemi bus station (tickets from the driver) please see the bus timetable www.matkahuolto.fi.
- Public bus connection Kittilä - Levi - Kittilä and Levi - Rovaniemi - levi - please check timetable and prices www.matkahuolto.fi
MEDICAL SERVICES / PHARMACIES
- Pihlajalinna Dextra Medical Centre Levi
Private doctor and X-ray. Open Mon-Fri 8.00-19.00, Sat-Sun 10.00-19.00.
Lab: Mon-Thu 8.00–13.00 (express samples every day). Appointments: +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel SPA in the building Korsa.
- Emergency duty at Kittilä Health Centre
The emergency duty phone number +358 400 356 498, address: Sairaalatie 2, 99100 Kittilä (after 16.00 and on weekends from 08.00 +358 16 510 0200)
- Dentist Pihlajalinna Dextra Levi Appointments: +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel Spa, in the building Korsa.
- Dentist - Kittilä Health Centre Mon–Thu 8.00-15.00 and Fri 8.00–13.00.Emergencies during office days tel. +358 40 546 391 and at weekends from 9.30–10.30, tel. +358 106 338 330.
- Pharmacy in Levi open Mon - Fri 10.00 - 17.00, Sat - Sun closed.
Tel +358 20 773 8871, address: Leviraitti 1, next to K-Supermarket Levi Market
- Pharmacy in Kittilä Mon-Fri 9.00-17.00, Sat 9.00–14.00, tel. +35820 773 8870, address: Valtatie 29 www.kittilanapteekki.fi
National emergency number 112
SUPERMARKETS / SHOP / POST OFFICE
- K-Supermarket LeviMarket Mon-Sat 8.00–21.00, Sun and public holidays 09.00-21.00
- S-Market Levi Mon-Sat 08.00-21.00 and Sun and public holidays 09.00-21.00 - NOTE: Post Office operates in S-Market
- K-Market LevinPoro open daily 10.00-19.00
- Alko (liquor store) Mon-Thu and Sat10.00-18.00, Fridays 10.00-20.00. Closed on Sun and public holidays.
- Levi Wine Cellar daily 12.00 - 20.00, address Torikuja 10. Reindeer soup daily
Other times upon request, tel+358 50 4936 345. Laptops for rent, chargeable internet and printing services.
- Santas Shop (and luggage storage and café) open during November Mon - Fri 10.00 - 16.00. Luggage storage on call +358 40 1978 908
- Alpine Cafe (Gondoli2000 area) open daily 9.30 - 18.00. Lunch buffet at 11.00-14.00 Exceptions on 24.12 open 9.30-15.00 and on 25.12.2017 open 12.00-18.00
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi:
Coffee House & Bar open daily 10.00-20.00.
Kiisa open Mon- Sat 16.00 - 22.00 (kitchen closes at 21.30)
- King Crab House open daily 12.00-22.00(23.00); lunch at 12.00-16.00
- Kotipizza open Mon - Thu 11.00 - 19.30, Fri - Sat 11.00 - 20.00 and Sun 12.00 - 19.30.
- Hotell K5 Levi lunch buffet Mon - Fri 11.00 - 15.00, á la carte daily 15.00 - 22.00
- Hotel Hullu Poro:
- Rock Cafe Wanha Poro open Fri - Sun 22.00 - 04.00.
- Hotel Levi Panorama:
Restaurant Panorama, Panorama Menu (á la Carte) daily 18.00 - 22.00 (last order 21.30)
- Levi Hotel SPA:
Ahku main restaurant. Breakfast daily 7.00-10.00. Soup lunch daily 11.00-14.00.
A la Carte Mon - Sat 17.00 - 22.00, dinner buffet 17.00 - 20.00.
Classic Pizza open daily 11.00 - 22.00.
Burger King open daily 11.00-23.00.
- Lapland Hotel Sirkantähti:
Restaurant Sirkantähti open daily 15.00 - 21.00.
- Levi Panimo & Pub open daily 11.00 - 23.00 (downstairs á la carte). Pub open 11.00-04.00
- Lapland Restaurant Jängällä open Tue - Sat 17.00 - 23.00
- Nili-Poro Restaurant open Mon -Thu 14.00-21.30 and Fri - Sat 14.00 - 23.00
- Pizza Factory open daily 11.00 - 22.00
- Poron Bensis (ST1 petrol station) open Mon-Fri 8.00-20.00 and Sat-Sun 9.00-20.00. Lunch buffet daily 11.00-16.00
- Restaurant Asia open Tue - Sat 12.00 - 22.00
- Restaurant Aurora Sky (at Levi Igloos, Utsuvaara) open daily 17.00 - 23.00 (kitchen closing at 22.30)
- Restaurant Colorado open daily 12.00 - 23.00
- Restaurant Horizon (on Front Slopes) opening on 1st December and open daily 11.00-18.30
- Restaurant Myllyn Äijä open Tue-Sat 13.00-20.00, Sun-Mon closed.
- Restaurant Pihvipirtti open daily 18.00 - 23.00
- Ristorante Renna open daily 12.00 - 22.00
- Restaurant Sapuska open Tue - Sat 18.00 - 23.00
- Restaurant Sivakka (on South Slopes) open daily 9.30-18.00
- Restaurant Ämmilä Á la carte daily 15.00 -23.00, lunch buffet 11.00 - 15.00 (Sun Lappish buffet)
- Subway open Mon - Sat 11.00 - 19.00, Sun 12.00 - 16.00
- Stefan's Steakhouse Open in November Tue-Sat 17.00-23.00, from December open daily 17.00-23.00. NOTE: 25.12-6.1.2018 open at 15.00-23.00
- Tuikku - View and Fell restaurant open in November Wed-Sat 10.00 - 16.00. During winter and autumn season: open daily 10.00-17.00. On Midsummer day open 18.00-02.00 For groups on request. Further information, performers/events: tuikku.fi and the Facebook pages of the restaurant.
CAFÉS AND BARS
- Bar Ihku open daily 21.00 - 04.00
- Café Bar Kota open daily at 11.00-02.00. Soup lunch at 12.00-17.00
- Café Sammun Tupa open again from 1.12.
- Café Soma Levi open Mon-Sat 11.00-18.00 and Sun 12.00 - 16.00
- Café Spiella open when films are showing.
- Café Tanja (Zero Point) open daily 9.00-19.00.
- Coffee House & Bar (Break Sokos Hotel Levi) open daily 12.00-20.00
- Gold Digger Bar & Lounge (Hotel Levi Panorama) as a viewing point daily 10.00-20.00
- Hullu Poro Areena Club open when there are events/performers. Calender
- Joiku Music Bar (Levi Hotel SPA) open Wed - Sat 21.00 - 01.00 (02.00)
- Kafet Café & Bakery open daily at 10.00-17.00
- Lapland Hotel Sirkantähti bar open daily 12.00 - 22.00.
- Levi Panimo & Pub open daily 11.00 - 04.00 (upstairs pub)
- Pannukakkutalo (pancakes) open daily 12.00 - 20.00.
- Public House Sohva open Sun - Thu 14.00 - 02.00 and Fri - Sat 12.00 - 02.00.
- Pub Hölmölä open daily 10.00 - 02.00 (03.00)
- Reindeer Lounge and Bar (Hotel Hullu Poro) open 24h
- Tonttula café open daily 11.00-16.00
SPORT STORES / RENTALS / JEWELLERY, GIFT & SOUVENIR SHOPS
- Ebba ja Erkki open Mon - Sat 10.00 - 17.00
- Kinos Safaris Prohop Snowmobile parts, accessories, fishing & clothing.
- Intersport Levi open Mon-Fri 10.00 - 18.00, Sat 10.00 - 16.00 and Sun 11.00 - 15.00. Check exceptions directly with the shop, t. +358 400 767 475
- Levi Gift & Souvenirs open daily 10.00 - 17.00
- Shopporo (Levi square) open Tue - Sat 10.00-18.00.
- Stadium Ski Levi open Mon - Sat 10.00 - 17.00, Sun closed.
- Team Sportia Levi and Head Sport, Keskuskuja 4. Open Tue - Fri 10.00-17.00, Sat 10.00 - 15.00. Sun - Mon closed.
- Wood Jewel open daily 10.00 - 18.00.
- Zero Point rental, service & Zero Point Brand Store open daily 9.00-19.00
South Point rental and services open daily 9.30-18.00
SKI SCHOOL AND SKI LIFTS SALE OFFICES
- Ski school office on Front Slopes open daily 9.00-16.00; ski school lessons from 10.00-16.00
- Ski lifts office on Front Slopes open daily 9.00-18.30
- Ski lifts office on South Slopes open daily 9.30-17.30
- Express cablecar lift on Front Slopes open daily 9.30-21.00 - free of charge between 19.00-21.00 (skiing not allowed after 19.00)
- Gondoli 2000 on West slopes open from Tuesday 21.11.2017 at 21.30
- Sighseeing tickets Prices: Express return ticket: 5€/adult and 3,50€/child age 6-12yrs; Gondoli2000 return ticket: 9,50€/adult and 6,50€/child age 6-12yrs
SPA (LEVI Hotel SPA)
- Open daily 11.00-21.00. Entrance fee 22€ ad and 14€ ch (6-14yrs)
- Morning swim Tue-Sun at 9.00-11.00
- Unlimited time in Spa. It's possible to hire a swim suit and towel from the Spa.
- Children's World (Ailu Family Fun), see below
- Ailu Family Fun in Levi Spa open daily 14.00-21.00 (until 26.11.)
- Levi Bowling. Open Tue-Sat 12.00-22.00
CINEMA LEVI SUMMIT
- Tickets 10 €/ adults and 7,5 €/ children under 12 years. Tickets from Levi Summit
- Alcohol licensed
- Films showing on Fri and Sat at 14.00 and 18.00 on Sunday at 14.00.
Further details and program: Levi Summit
Ailu family fun in levi hotel spa
(in Spa building) Indoor playing area (under parent’s guidance).
- Open daily 14.00-21.00 (until 26.11.)
- Visit Ailu Family Fun – the activity area of children downstairs of the Spa
Entrance fee including glow bowling for children
- Entrance fee 10€ / child (under 2yrs free of charge)
Levi Hotel Spa hotel guests free of charge
- MLL Child Care Booking by phone or via internet. Booking on the phone during week day and from 8.00-13.00 (Finnish time): tel +358 40 772 5078. When booking via internet you need to register on the box on the right clicking on the link “Rekisteröidy nettipalvelun uudeksi käyttäjäksi”. Once entered, the registration form is available also in English. You only need to register all your details once. The following times you only need to insert your choosen user’s name and password at the following address www.lastenhoito.mll.fi. It is also possible to hire babies travel accessories calling +358 40 9646 749.
- Kittilä 4H- association
Nilitie 1, 99100 Kittilä. 4H Association Executive Director Leena Kinnunen can be contacted either by email or by phone.The service is provided by trustworthy youngster in the evenings and on weekends in the Kittilä - Levi area.Contact: email@example.com, tel +358 400 819 549
- Levi Kid's Club
We offer a child-friendly service in Ailu playground during autumn holidays and throughout the winter season. We also offer private childcare. Further information and reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
In November we open according to reservations.
LEVI HUSKY PARK
- Levi Huskypark - guided tours and husky rides upon appointment (further information from Levi Tourist Information).
Other datys upon request. Entrance fee ad: 10€ and ch: 5€ (2-11yrs).
- The guide introduces sledge dogs' history and everyday life. During the tour the whole family has the opportunity to meet Siberian huskies, happy little dogs, trained movie animals such as dogwolves, arctic foxes and reindeer, and also the Tundrawolf.
- Levi Huskypark is situated in Köngäs village, along the road leading to Inari, approximately 11 km from Levi Centre. Tel. +358 40 570 6572
- Open on Tue - Sat 11.00 - 17.00 . Entrance fee without guided tour: 8 €/ person, under 2 yrs free of charge. Guided Tour 15 €/ adult and 10 €/ child. Guided visit and short kart-pony ride 22€/adult and 16€/ child. Cash payment only at the farm or card payment at the Levi Tourist Office. Purolantie street, 1 km south of Levi. Tel: +358 400 184 239 / Anu
- At the Kompiainen animal farm you can nurse, feed and brush the cute farmyard animals. During a guided tour you will meet among others Sulo the mini pig, Ilmari the male goat and Kirppu the she-goat. They enjoy been brushed while the goatling takes their daily nap. Kunkku the pony waits to be fed his hay and to be rubbed while Musta-Pekka the henhouse’s rooster hides the mistress’s egg who knows where! These and many other animals live in an idyllic setting in the yard of the old farmhouse. Juice is offered during a guided visit.
GYM / WORKOUT CLASSES
- Hotel Hullu Poro gym daily 07.00 – 21.00. Single visit 9 €
- KuruYoga, Hot Yoga Studio. customer service Mon–Fri 16.00-20.00. Further information & reservation tel. +358 400 232 641.Calendar: www.leviwellnessclub.fi.
- Levi Wellness Club CITY customer service Mon–Fri 11.00 - 14.00. tel. +358 400 232 641. For Levi Wellness card holder open daily 5.00-21.00. Calendar: www.leviwellnessclub.fi.
- Levi Wellness Club SPA: customer service Mon–Fri 16.00-20.00. Single visit 10€. For Levi Wellness card holder open daily 7.00-20.00
- Levi Wellness Clus BASEMENT: customer service Mon–Fri 16.00-20.00. Calendar: www.leviwellnessclub.fi.
HAIR SALONS / MASSAGE / SPA TREATMENTS
- Anu Rauhala, tel +358 400 184239, on request classic, sport and cupping massage
- Hair Studio Basement tel.+358 500 555 566, Leviraitti 6.
- Hair Levi Salon Huis Levi open, please call. Reservations: +358 40 5619480, hiuslevi.fi
- Levi Spa Wellness open Mon - Fri 10.00 - 18.00, Sat 12.00 - 17.00, Sun and bank holiday closed.
- Masseuse Anette tel. +358 45 110 5501
- Merja Kurula / Aloe Eagle Finland tel. +358 40 583 6654, Indian head massage
- Physiotherapy and massage / Dextra Appointments: +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel Spa, in the building Korsa.
- Relax Center (Levi Square) Tue-Sat 10.00 - 18.00.
ST. MARY’S CHAPEL
- Open daily 11.00 - 15.00, weekly Mass every Wed at 20.00. The Chapel is located in Mariankuja, in the centre of the village.
ART MUSEUMS / GALLERIES / EXHIBITIONS
Daily 12.00 - 18.00. Located at Koutalaki in Levi Summit. An indoor and outdoor exhibition, which presents the history and present day of the European Union’s only ethnic group, the Sami. Exhibition of Sami’ mythology and photographic exhibition “Sami’s magical light”.
Tickets from Levi Tourist Information or from Hotel Levi Panorama reception. Tickets: 12 €/ adult, 10 €/ pensioners and students, 9 €/ children 7-16 years, 0-6 years free of charge, family ticket 24 € (2adults+2child or 1adult+3child). You can reach Samiland by car/taxi, take the Express cabin lift. Web page: www.samiland.fi
- Särestöniemi Art Museum
in Kaukonen, 49 km south of Levi.) Tue-Sat 12.00–18.00 (closed on public holidays). Entrance fee: 12 €/ adult and 10 €/ children/ students / pensioners. Family ticket: 35 € (2 adults and 2 children 7-16 years). Groups: 10 € /person (min. 15 people). Free entrance: ICOM card, children under 7 years old. Guided tour 25 € (1-1,5 h) should be reserved beforehand. The Särestöniemi Museum reserves the right to change entrance fees. Tel. +358 16 654 480. An interesting Museum commemorating the art and life of one of the most famous painters of Finland. Web page: www.sarestoniemenmuseo.fi
- Einari Junttila Art Museum
In Kittilä, Sammontie 5 (behind Nordea bank). Einari Junttila’s (1901 – 1975) 110 years in memorial exhibition. Gallery is open on Thursdays 13.00 – 17.00. Other times on request, tel. +358 40 7034657. Closed on public holidays. Ticket 5 €/ adult cash only. www.lapinmuseot.fi
- Gallery Raekallio In Pöntsö at about 18km from Levi towards Muonio. Open daily at 10.00–18.00, free entrance. On request meals and smoke sauna. www.galleriaraekallio.com
- Sirpa Alalääkkölä’s Art On display at Hotel Hullu Poro.
- Marja Pessi Sales Art exhibition in medical Centre Pihlajalinna Dextra, please see the opening hours on page 1. www.marjapessi.net
RESTAURANTS / OTHER SERVICES ON REQUEST
- Immelkartano dinners, saunas, tel. +358 400 394 182
- LeviDeli catering on request, tel: +358 40 589 4906
- Levin Lapinkylä smoke sauna, meals, te. +358 400 225 240
- Luvattumaa lunch, dinners, sauna for groups, bookings in advance, tel +358 40 740 0925
- Restaurant Hullu Poro Kammi reindeer feasts for groups upon request from Hotel Hullu Poro sales, tel +358 16 6510 552
- Restaurant Saamen Kammi seating for groups upon request from Hotel K5 Levi sales, tel +358 40 456 2059
- Kiisa Restaurant (Sokos Hotel Levi) on request for groups, tel. +358 16 321 5555
- Sammun Tupa smoke sauna, tel. +358 16 650 606
- Taivas Restaurant for groups, tel. +358 16 6510 552
- Taivaanvalkeat and Tonttula for groups (min. 30 persons), tel. +358 16 6510 500
- Valkea Vaadin Restaurant on request for private functions, tel. +358 16 6510 552
- View Restaurant Tuikku on request for groups, tel +358 16 641 466, +358 16 644 240
RECYCLING POINTS IN LEVI
- Recycling points for glass, metal, paper and mixed waste: Front pistes, Lämpötie (road), Nuottirakka, by ST1 petrol station, next to the Levi Tourist Office.
RESTAURANT / CAFÉS
- Hotel Kittilä, Valtatie 49, t. +358 44 760 0200. The renowed Hotel opened 21.10.2017. Lunch Mon - Fri 11.00 - 14.00.
Sport Café & Bar open Mon - Thu 06.00 - 21.00, Fri - Sat 06.00 - 23.00, Sun 12.00 - 18.00.
- Guesthouse Golden Goose Valtatie 42, tel. +358 16 642 043, email@example.com
- Café Soma Valtatie 16, Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00, Sat 11.00-16.00 and Sun 12.00-16.00. Soup lunch, tel.+358 40 509 2585
- Lapin Herkkutupa Café & Bakery Valtaie 37, Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00, Sat 10.00-16.00. Lunch 11.00-14.30. tel: +358 40 355 7363
SUPERMARKET / JEWELLERY / GIFT SHOPS / SOUVENIRS / CAR PARTS AND REPAIR
- Wilderness & Pets accessories Aihki (Vatlatie 32-34) open Man-Fri 9.00-17.00 and Sat 10.00-14.00. Tel +358 40 034 4557
- K-Supermarket Kittilä Mon-Sat 7.00-21.00 and Sun 10.00-21.00
- Kittilä library , Kirjatie 1, 99100 Kittilä. Mon – Thu 11.00 – 18.00, Fri 09.00 – 16.00. Open also every last Saturday of each month 10.00-15.00. Closed at weekends and bank holidays.
- Revontuliopisto various courses in Finnish. www.revontuliopisto.fi
All rights reserved 19.11.2017
Further details and booking from Levi Tourist information or www.levi.fi/en.