Few examples of environmental acts by Oy Levi Ski Resort Ltd during the Green DMN- project
- On the basis of an environmental inspection made during 2009 in the Levi's quality team enterprise, the most important environmental impact of the tourism sector is comprised of climate changes caused by energy consumption and production, or carbon dioxide emissions, and greenhouse gas emissions resulting from mixed waste at landfills.
- According to the inspection made by our company in 2009, the main operational sectors, in which we can influence Levi’s environmental burden, are energy consumption, lighting, and water consumption. Ski busses and motor vehicles, shelters and campfires, events, office and acquisitions, waste and waste water, the impact on the environment and the passage of environmental communication.
- Development work of the sectors was launched during the 2009-2010 winter season, for the energy consumption for example.
- An energy inspection operation has been initiated through consumption, electricity production ways and requirement assessments. From the basis of the clarification work, we will make long-term plans, monitors, and we will set concrete targets with which we will achieve economic and ecological benefits.
- A certain long-term target is the company’s voluntary energy efficiency agreement, made in August 2009, according to which, we will decrease the amount of energy used by 9% by 2016.
Updating of values
with the personnel during the winter period 2009-2010; the attention to environmental issues in all activities.
Responsible environmental officer
Piste Manager Hannu Mäkitalo is named as the responsible environmental officer.
via personnel trainings The improved attention to environmental issues requires a substantial effort from all of us. The first personnel environmental training was held in the autumn of 2009. In January 2010, the training continued with a Green Workshop and a supervisor’s environmental training began in March 2010 and continues still. Ms Erja Mähönen from Miljöönääri Oy is our environmental advisor.
and more efficient refuse collection are under development.
Oy Levi Ski Resort Ltd
Responsible environmental officer Hannu Mäkitalo
Tel. +358 20 7960 200
hannu.makitalo @ levi.fi