It has been predicted that there's going to be Northern Lights in Levi soon. So take a look skywards! Prediction provided by Sunsää.
Getting to Levi
By plane to Levi
The Kittilä airport is a 15 minute drive away from Levi's mountain village.
- Has increased flights to Lapland with 10% for the becoming season 2017
- Helsinki-Kittilä flights all year round. Flights are available daily during the winter high season.
- Turku -Kittilä and Tampere-Kittilä flights during the winter holiday season 4th of Feb to 25th of March 2017
- four weekly flights during high season.
- Munich-Kittilä on Wednesdays and Saturdays during season 2017. First flight on Saturday 3rd of Dec 2016 and Wednesday 21st Dec 2016.
- Berlin - Rovaniemi and Düsseldorf-Kittilä. Flights to Kittilä on Thursdays and Sundays between 29th Dec - 19th March 2017.
- flies between London (Gatwick)-Kittilä from Dec 2016 to Feb 2017. Manchester-Kittilä during December 2016. Gatwick-Kittilä on Tuesdays and Fridays between 2nd of Dec - 17th of Feb 2017.
- Helsinki-Kittilä from 18th of Dec 2016. 1-4 flights per week.
Flight schedules and price information:
- FINAVIA - site for departing and arriving flights in Kittilä Airport
- Check-in Check list - read before you fly!
Book your flights At Levi Travel
tel. +358 16 639 3380
levitravel @ levi.fi
airport shuttle bus
An airport shuttle bus runs from the Kittilä airport to Levi after all scheduled flights throughout the year. The bus departs once the luggage has been cleared. The bus also runs from Levi to the airport before the flights. Schedule enquiries: www.tunturilinjat.fi or Levi tourist information (+358 16 639 3378).
Finnair and Norwegian also fly to Rovaniemi. There is no direct bus connection between the Rovaniemi airport and Levi. An airport bus to downtown Rovaniemi departs after luggage pick-up. From Rovaniemi there are buses to Levi (make sure to check the connections). Schedules for Rovaniemi–Levi buses Matkahuolto or +358 200 4000, +358(0)16 334 5500/Gold Line, or +358 (0)16 342 2160/Eskelisen Lapin Linjat.
Train to Kolari or Rovaniemi and bus to Levi
Trains will get you to Kolari or Rovaniemi. Kolari is 80km and Rovaniemi 170km from Levi, respectively. A bus to Levi departs from Kolari after the train has arrived. There are also buses from Rovaniemi to Levi (make sure to check the connections).
Don’t forget that you can take your car on the train, too, and drive the final stretch from Kolari or Rovaniemi to Levi.
Schedules and price information:
VR, tel +358 600 41900, www.vr.fi
Levi Travel, tel +358 16 639 3380 levitravel @ levi.fi.
Schedules of Rovaniemi–Levi buses Matkahuolto, tel 0200 4000, www.matkahuolto.fi