Arrival at Levi
Levi is an easily accessible destination all year round!
FOUR EASY WAYS TO VISIT LEVI
Explore the options and book your holiday.
1. Fly to Levi
Levi’s beauty can be seen in all its glory from the air. The gorgeous fells and the feeling of open space frame the start of your holiday while coming in to land at Levi. As the scenery grows stunning, you know you’ve arrived.
Levi is one of the easiest destinations for air travel. Kittilä airport is just 15 kilometres away. The airport bus, or taxi will drive you to the place you’re staying at within a few minutes.
Flights to Levi from Finland
Finnair flies daily from Helsinki to Kittilä all year round. In the high season there are several flights each day.
Finnair also fly to Rovaniemi, which is about 170 kilometres from Levi. The airport bus operates from the airport to Rovaniemi bus station, with bus connections to Levi.
Flight to Levi from Europe
During the winter season Finnair flies directly from Europe starting from December.
More information on flights
- Check the arrival and departure schedules at Kittilä airport
- An airport bus from Kittilä airport to Levi operates after each arriving route flight and from Levi to the airport always before flights.
- Taxi stop at Kittilä airport. You can call a taxi at +358 200 99200 or +358 200 99800 (service numbers with a surcharge).
- There are a number of transport companies as well – inquiries by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +358 16 639 3300.
2. Take a train to Levi
Levi is also conveniently accessible by train. Travelling by train makes even the trip a part of your relaxing holiday. Those wanting to travel can easily take advantage of the night train. Driving your car onto the train allows you to continue your journey smoothly once you arrive in Lapland.
The closest railway station to Levi is at Kolari. The options increase when taking the train to Rovaniemi. The distance from Kolari to Levi is only 80 km (49 mi) and approximately 170 km (105 mi) from Rovaniemi. There is also a bus connection to Levi after each train arrival. There are also good bus connections from Rovaniemi to Levi.
More information about train connections
- Check the train schedules to Kolari and Rovaniemi.
- Train-bus connection from Kolari railway station to Levi leaves after each train arrival.
- Check bus schedules from Rovaniemi to Levi from Matkahuolto.
3. Travel to Levi by bus
Those who appreciate their time and easy travel take a bus to Levi. As a bonus, you can enjoy the diverse Finnish landscape along the route.
During the winter season you can enjoy easy bus travel using e.g. Onnibus. The Helsinki-Lahti-Jyväskylä-Oulu-Rovaniemi route is fast, with a professional driver taking care of the driving. You will arrive well-rested, so you can focus on enjoying the flexible services at Levi.
More information about bus connections
- Check the Onnibus timetable for Levi
- You can also take many other buses to Levi. Check the schedules from Matkahuolto.
4. Driving to Levi
Levi is an easily accessible destination by car. When driving, you can schedule your travel and decide on pleasant places to stop at.
The roads of Lapland are popular with car travellers, and you will certainly admire the surrounding landscapes of Lapland on the way. The central location of Levi in Northern Lapland also makes it a popular base for exploring the surrounding area by car.
More information on road connections
- Distances to Levi: Rovaniemi 170 km, Tornio 270 km, Oulu 370 km, Kajaani 500 km, Kuopio 670 km, Vaasa 690 km, Jyväskylä 710 km, Joensuu 720 km, Tampere 850 km, Lahti 880 km, Helsinki 980 km, Turku 990 km