Pistes 10 and 11 will become especially suitable for giant slalom skiing.
LEVI HAS A PERFECT slope for every day of the week. The West pistes (slopes 10 and 11) are fast and suit experienced skiers especially. The profiles and silhouettes will stay the same but the technical characteristics will be amended during autumn. A brand new ski centre, West Point, will start taking form in October. First in order of importance: the new chairlift.
- HERE IN LEVI THE PRIORITY is in the future of Alpine skiing. That means children and adolescents. In an economic area of 1000 people, we have in our club 12 competitive skiers, 24 beginners and 10 frees skiers – a nice amount. We practice often on the slope number 10 which has a great profile. With an altitude of 136m it enables practicing different aspects of Alpine skiing.In my free time, when I put on the wide skis and head out to the soft snow, it’s like my inner child awakening. I wouldn’t change this lifestyle for anything!
Mika Kemppinen is the head coach at Levi Ski Club.
Levi West in numbers
- 4000m2 the size of the planned area for a village at the base of Levi West ski lift: there will be accommodation, restaurants and business facilities.
- 250 bed places in a perfect accommodation where you can have breakfast with a view to the slopes.
- 20m distance from the accommodation centre to the pistes and lifts.
- 6 the capacity per carrier in the brand new chairlift with ergonomic heated seats and special safety bars. The new lift is wind-resistant with technology that prevents swaying.
- 30m€ total project investment.
- 10 & 11 the slopes that will be reshaped: they will be widened and equipped with new snowmaking systems and LED lighting.