A European MTB-Enduro series round to be organized at Levi
Making history: the international MTB-Enduro race takes place in July 2020.
This will be the first time ever a race event within the Enduro World Series European race category will take place in Finland. Racers will be competing for the European Championship points 23 - 25 July, 2020 at the Levi ski resort in Northern Finland, as part of the Levi Bike Fest event. A long-term goal for the organisers is to get an Enduro World Series round to Finland in the coming years. Next summer will be a huge step in that direction, as Levi will host a round of the European Enduro Series for the first time.
The 2020 European Enduro Series consists of seven races, of which the Levi round will be number four. The race is also a round of the Enduro Series Finland (Finnish Enduro Championship Series). Levi has been working actively for many years, together with MTB-Enduro Finland, for the enduro mountain biking trails and tracks in the fell. The growing sport and both the Finnish and international enthusiasts have already found their way to the Levi Fell, and the upcoming European Enduro Series event will be sure to put both Finland and Levi on the world map for good within the sport.
The Enduro Series Finland round that has been organised at Levi since 2015 has received a lot of praise. Levi as a mecca for enduro MTB stands out from the MTB centres in other countries due to its arctic nature and the midnight sun. And what makes Levi distinctive from the other enduro races in Finland is the very long race course.
- We have been working extremely hard for enduro mountain biking for many years. It’s great to see that our efforts are now bearing fruit and we are taking this next step towards a serious international breakthrough and making this area a “household name” in the worldwide enduro MTB community. The municipality of Kittilä has also been very much involved in developing the enduro trails and biking routes in this area, says the Levi Ski Resort Managing Director Jouni Palosaari.
Next July, Levi will play host to the top teams and competitors of the European Enduro Series, a large number of spectators, amateur riders as well as international media. Representatives of both the European Enduro Series and the Enduro World Series will also arrive to Levi to evaluate the competition, courses and the overall atmosphere of the event. The planning and organising work for next summer’s European event is already in full swing.
- It is truly amazing to be taking the Levi enduro MTB event onto the next level. This is a very significant thing not only to Levi but also for the entire Finnish MTB scene. Together with Levi, we are sure to make this a world-class competition and an unforgettable event for the riders, says the MTB-Enduro Finland Race Director Sauli Hjerppe.
- Levi offers great activities, a wide variety of different types of accommodation as well as restaurant services all year round. Levi is perfect for hosting such a fantastic enduro MTB event, says the Visit Levi acting CEO Yrjötapio Kivisaari.
Entry for next summer’s European Enduro Series round at Levi will open 20 January, 2020 at 09:00 (EET). Nearly 400 competitors are expected to enter the race, including all the European top names. You can already book your accommodation for Finland’s biggest enduro MTB event in the summer of 2020 at Levi by visiting the website www.levi.fi
European Enduro Series 2020:
- 3 May Susice, Czech Republic
- 16 May Tweed Valley, Scotland
- 20 June Villars-Sur-Olon, Switzerland
- 23 - 25 July Levi, Finland
- 22 - 23 August La Thuile, Italy
- 5 September Loudenvielle, France
- 12 September Bouillon, Belgium
Levi Enduro Biking