It has been predicted that there's going to be Northern Lights in Levi soon. So take a look skywards! Prediction provided by Sunsää.
LEVI TOURIST INFORMATION, myllyjoentie 2, tel. +358 16 639 3378
Open Mon - Fri at 9.00-17.00, Sat - Sun closed. Exceptional opening times, closed on 30.5.
Book your holiday experiences directly from the Levi Destination Experts. Check out our whole year round activity weekly programs here
LEVI destination sales tel. +358 16 639 3300
Open Mon - Fri at 9.00-17.00. Sat and Sun and bank holidays closed
Group bookings, congress and conferences organised to the last detail directly from the Levi Destination Sales Experts.
Check out Levi's widest range of holiday accommodation here
LEVI TRAVEL AGENCY tel. +358 16 639 3380
Mon-Fri 9.00 - 16.00.Sat-Sun and bank holidays closed.
Book your holiday to snowy winter landscapes or experience nightless nights and golf under the midnight sun!
Booking holidays made easy with Travel Shop
Levi Tourist Office, Levi Destination Booking Office and Levi Travel Agency location: Myllyjoentie 2, blue building near Levi's main roundabout.
- Outside Levi Hotel Spa restaurant building.
- Outside S-Market supermarket, Leviraitti street
- TaxiLevi t.+358 200 99200 www.taxilevi.fi
Service number working with extra charge.
- Levi-Kittilä Taxi t. +358 200 99800 www.levintaksi.com
Service number working with extra charge.
- Airport bus / Kittilä - Levi - Kittilä - Kittilä airport is located only 15 min from Levi centre. By pre-booking only by the previous day at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule: arriving flights / departing flights
Tickets adults 8 € / one way and 14 € / return, tickets children: 4,20 € / one way and 8 € / return www.tunturilinjat.fi
- Transportation to the railway station - Bus to Kolari railway station: www.tunturilinjat.fi (there is a bus connection for every departure). Train tickets available from Levi Travel Agency. To Rovaniemi bus station (tickets from the driver) please see the bus timetable www.matkahuolto.fi.
- Public bus connection Kittilä - Levi - Kittilä and Levi - Rovaniemi - Levi - please check timetable and prices www.matkahuolto.fi
MEDICAL SERVICES / PHARMACIES
- Pihlajalinna Medical Centre Levi
Private doctor and X-ray. Open Mon-Fri 8.00-16.00, Sat-Sun closed.
Lab: Mon-Fri 8.00–13.00 (express samples every day). Appointments: +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel SPA in the building Korsa.
- Emergency duty at Kittilä Health Centre
The emergency duty phone number +358 400 356 498, address: Sairaalatie 2, 99100 Kittilä (after 16.00 and on weekends from 08.00 +358 16 510 0200)
- Dentist Pihlajalinna Levi Appointments: t. +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel Spa, in the building Korsa.
- Dentist - Kittilä Health Centre Mon–Thu 8.00-15.00 and Fri 8.00–13.00.Emergencies during office days tel. +358 40 546 391 and at weekends from 9.30–10.30, t. +358 106 338 330.
- Pharmacy in Levi Open Tue & Fri 10.00 - 17.00. From 24.6. Mon-Fri 10.00 - 17.00
T. +358 20 773 8871, address: Leviraitti 1, next to K-Supermarket Levi Market
- Pharmacy in Kittilä Mon-Fri 9.00-17.00, Sat 9.00–14.00, t. +35820 773 8870, address: Valtatie 41 A4 www.kittilanapteekki.fi
National emergency number 112
SUPERMARKETS / SHOP / POST OFFICE / lost and found / luggage storage
- K-Supermarket LeviMarket Mon-Sat 7.00–21.00, Sun and public holidays 9.00-21.00
- S-Market Levi Mon-Sat 08.00-21.00 and Sun and public holidays 10.00-21.00 - NOTE: Post Office operates in S-Market
- K-Market LevinPoro open Mon-Sat 9.30-18.30, Sun 12:00-18.30.
- Alko (liquor store) open Mon-Thu 10.00 - 18.00, Fri 10-00 - 21.00, Sat 10.00 - 18.00. Closed on Sun and public holidays.
- Levi Wine Cellar Closed. Open again 1.6. daily 12.00 - 20.00. Address Torikuja 10. Soup lunch daily. Local wines. Other times upon request, t. +358 50 4936 345. Laptops for rent, chargeable internet and printing services.
- Lost and Found office in the same premises as TaxiLevi (address Torikuja, opposite Zero Point). Tel. +358 40 370 2338, email@example.com
- Luggage storage is situated in Santa's Shop and souvenirs (addr. Leviraitti 26), tel. +358 40 1978 908
- Aurora Sky closed
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi:
Coffee House & Bar open daily 12.00 - 20.00, bistro menu 17.00 - 20.00
- Gondoli restaurant (Gondoli2000 area) open Mon-Fri 11.00 - 16.00, lunch buffet 11.00-15.00. Note: closed 30.-31.5.
- Guesthouse Jurtta's cafeteria closed
- Hotelli K5:
Bistro restaurant closed
- Hotel Levi Panorama:
Scenic Restaurant Panorama, à la carte daily 18.00 - 22.00 (last order 21.30). Note: Due to construction work entrance to the restaurant may change during the summer.
Spiella Cafe & Restaurant (Levi Summit) closed
- Hotel Hullu Poro:
- Asia Restaurant closed, opening again in November
- Northern Cowboy closed, opening again 20.6.
- Restaurant Pihvipirtti (Steak House) closed, opening again 3.9.
- Restaurant Sapuska closed, opening again in November
- Restaurant Kammi (Hotel Hullu Poro) bookings in advance t. +358 16 6510 600
- Restaurant Messi closed, opening again in November
- Ristorante Renna closed, opening again 10.10.
- Rock Cafe Wanha Poro 12.5.-21.11. open Fri-Sat 22.00-04.00 (no á la carte).
Restaurant Ämmilä open 12.5.-1.11. 15.00-23.00 (á la carte). 2.-28.9. also lunch buffet 11.00-15.00.
- Lapland Hotel Sirkantähti:
Restaurant closed, open again from 26.5. 18.00-22.00.
Bar closed from May 5th until May 25th, open again 26.-31.5. 9.00-22.00. From 1.6. onwards 9.00-01.30.
- Levi Hotel Spa:
Ahku breakfast daily 7.00-10.00
Burger King open daily 11.00 - 23.00, 5.5 open 11.00 - 20.00, 6.5.-20.6 open 13.00 - 20.00. 21.6. - 4.8. 11.00 - 22.00.
Classic Pizza open Mon-Sat 13.00 - 22.00, Sun 13.00 - 21.00
Kekäle Bar & Grill closed, opening again in September
- Joiku Music Bar closed
- Lappish Restaurant Jängällä closed, opening again in the autumn
- Nili-Poro Restaurant closed, opening again around Midsummer
- Pizza Factory open 11.00 - 22.00
- Poron Bensis (ST1 petrol station) open Mon - Fri 8.00-20.00 and Sat - Sun 9.00-20.00. Lunch buffet daily 11.00-15.00.
- Restaurant Colorado closed, opening again in November
- Restaurant Draivi closed until the Golf course opens
- Restaurant Horizont closed, opening again in December
- Restaurant King Crab House closed, opening again 17.7
- Restaurant Myllyn Äijä closed
- Restaurant Sivakka closed until the next ski season
- Restaurant Stefan's Steakhouse closed
- Restaurant V'Inkkari closed, open again for Ruskamaraton in September
- Subway closed, opening again 21.6.
- View Restaurant Tuikku (Tunturitie road) closed 5.5 - 21.6.
-Further information t. +358 16 644 240
CAFÉS AND BARS
- Café Soma Levi open Mon - Sat 11.00 - 18.00, Sun 12.00 - 16.00. From 6.5. Mon - Fri 11.00 - 16.00, closed on the weekends
- Café Kafet closed until Midsummer
- Café Bar Kota closed, open again from 4.7. 11.00 - 22.00 (00.00). Check Café & Bar Kota Facebook page for more detailed opening info
- Café Tanja (Zero Point) closed
- Café Palovartija closed until Midsummer
- Café Panorama Laavu closed
- Spiella Cáfe & Restaurant Cáfe (Levi Summit conference centre) closed
- Coffee House & Bar (Break Sokos Hotel Levi) open daily 12.00 - 20.00. Bistro menu 17.00 - 20.00
- Pannukakkutalo (pancakes) closed
- Pub Ihku closed until Midsummer
- Pub Hölmölä closed, open again from 2.9. 10.00 - 02.00 (04.00).
- Pub Old Mates closed, opening again 6.7. 18.00-02.00
- Public House Sohva open daily 18.00 - 02.00
- Reindeer Lounge and Bar (Hotel Hullu Poro) open 09.00 - 23.00
- Restaurant Tonttula (in Köngäs village) closed, open again 13.6 - 21.9 daily 10.00 - 16.00
SPORT STORES / RENTALS / JEWELLERY, GIFT & SOUVENIR SHOPS
- Artica Oy closed
- Ebba ja Erkki Open again 17.6. Mon-Sat 10.00-17.00. Check exceptions directly with the shop, tel. +358 400 6930 62
- Elan Ski shop & Rental & Winterent: closed
- Kinos Safaris Proshop Snowmobile parts, accessories, fishing & clothing. Open daily
- Shopporo (Levi square) open according to the Facebook page.
- Sport Shop Levi & Head Ski Rent, Keskuskuja 4, closed
- Stadium Ski Levi open daily
- Wood Jewel open again 4.6 10.00 - 18:00
- South Point rental, service & Levi Shop closed
- Zero Point rental, service & Brand Store (address Hissitie 8) open daily 10.00-18.00, tel +358 20 7960 200
- Located at Gondoli2000 -area, address Gondolintie 1
- Adventure courses and Santa's zipline
- 1.6 - 20.10 open daily 10.00 - 18.00 (weather permitting)
- Price list:
- Adventure tracks (120-140 cm) 20€
- Adventure tracks (> 140 cm) 30€
- Gloves 3,50€
- Santa´s Zipline - marathon (> 150 cm and 45 kg) 25€
- Package: adventure tracks and Santa´s Zip line 45€
- Gondola Express closed
- Gondoli2000 closed
SPA (LEVI Hotel SPA)
- Open daily 11.00-21.00 (latest entrance at 20.00)
- Unlimited time in Spa. It's possible to hire a swim suit and towel from the Spa.
- Closed 2.6 - 14.6
Ailu family fun in levi hotel spa
(in Spa building) Indoor playing area (under parent’s guidance).
Open daily 11.00 -21.00 until June 14th. 15.6.-31.8. daily 12.00-20.00.
Visit Ailu Family Fun – the activity area of children downstairs of the Spa
Entrance fee 10€ / child (under 2yrs free of charge)
Levi Hotel Spa hotel guests free of charge. Child care upon agreement.
MLL Child Care Booking by phone or via internet. Booking on the phone during week day and from 8.00-13.00 (Finnish time): tel +358 40 772 5078. When booking via internet you need to register on the box on the right clicking on the link “Rekisteröidy nettipalvelun uudeksi käyttäjäksi”. Once entered, the registration form is available also in English. You only need to register all your details once. The following times you only need to insert your choosen user’s name and password at the following address www.lastenhoito.mll.fi. It is also possible to hire babies travel accessories calling +358 40 9646 749.
- Levi Bowling closed until the autumn
- Spa Bowling: open Tue - Sat 15.00 - 19.00. 2.-14.6. closed. 15.6.-31.8. Wed-Sat 15.00-19.00.
CINEMA LEVI SUMMIT
- Tickets 10 €/ adults and 7,5 €/ children under 12 years. Tickets from Levi Summit
- Alcohol licensed
- Further details and program: Levi Summit
- Note: Due to construction work entrance to the Levi Summit may change during the summer.
LEVI HUSKY PARK
- Closed until Midsummer
- Levi Huskypark - guided tours (and husky rides in winter) upon appointment only - further information from Levi Tourist Information.
Other days upon request. Entrance fee ad: 12€ and ch: 6€ (2-11 yrs).
- The guide introduces sledge dogs' history and everyday life. During the tour the whole family has the opportunity to meet Siberian huskies, happy little dogs, trained movie animals such as dogwolves, arctic foxes and reindeer, and also the Tundrawolf.
- Levi Huskypark is situated in Köngäs village, along the road leading to Inari, approximately 11 km from Levi Centre. T. +358 40 570 6572
GYM / WORKOUT CLASSES
- Hotel Hullu Poro gym daily 7.00 – 21.00. Single visit 9 €, more information tel. +35816 6510100
- KuruYoga, Hot Yoga Studio. Further information & reservations t. +358 400 232 641. Calendar: www.leviwellnessclub.fi.
- Levi Wellness Club SPA: Customer service Mon- Fri 17.00 - 20.00. t. +358 400 232 641. Open to Levi Wellness card holders daily 7.00-21.00 Single visit 10€. When customer service is closed you can buy from Spa reception or from reception at Hotel Sokos.
- Levi Wellness Club BASEMENT: customer service Mon–Fri 17.00-20.00. Open to Levi Wellness card holders daily 5.00-24.00. Single visit 10€. When customer service is closed you can buy from the ST1. Calendar: www.leviwellnessclub.fi.
- Aslakin Liike (in Kittilä) - also in Hotel Kittilä own gym and training program possible. Customer Service open Mon-Thur at 12.00 - 18.00. Member's and fitness cardholders can access the gym daily from 5.00am
HAIR SALONS / MASSAGE / SPA TREATMENTS
- Anu Rauhala, t. +358 400 184239, on request classic, sport and cupping massage
- Day Spa Studio Feel It open Mon - Fri 10.00 - 18.00, Sat 10.00 - 16.00 (situated in the Spa building).
- Levi Spa Wellness open Mon - Fri in the afternoons
- Masseuse Anette t. +358 45 110 5501
- Physiotherapy and massage / Pihlajalinna Appointments t. +358 103 12141. Address: Levintie 1590, Levi Hotel Spa, in the building Korsa.
- Relax Center (Levi Square) Tue-Sat 10.00 - 18.00 (closed on bank holidays). T. +358 16 6510 700
- Hyvinvoinnin viisiapila, Sari Nieminen, t. +358 400 639 110
- HulluFinn Heronta, Sanna Saario, t. +358 44 204 4551
ST. MARY’S CHAPEL
- Open daily 11.00 - 15.00, weekly Mass every Wed at 20.00. The Chapel is located in Mariankuja, in the centre of the village.
ART MUSEUMS / GALLERIES / EXHIBITIONS
Daily 10.00 - 20.00. Located at Koutalaki in Levi Summit. An indoor and outdoor exhibition, which presents the history and present day of the European Union’s only ethnic group, the Sami. Exhibition of Sami’ mythology and photographic exhibition “Sami’s magical light”.
Tickets from Levi Tourist Information or the Panorama Hotel reception. Tickets: 12 €/ adult, 10 €/ pensioners and students, 9 €/ children 7-16 years, 0-6 years free of charge, family ticket 24 € (2adults+2child or 1adult+3child). You can reach Samiland by car/taxi, take the Express cabin lift. Web page: www.samiland.fi During the summer entrance to the museum is through the hotel reception. Note: The entrance may change at times due to construction work.
- Särestöniemi Art Museum
in Kaukonen, 49 km south of Levi.) Tue-Sat 12.00–18.00 (closed on public holidays). Entrance fee: 12 €/ adult and 10 €/ children/ students / pensioners. Family ticket: 35 € (2 adults and 2 children 7-16 years). Groups: 10 € /person (min. 15 people). Free entrance: ICOM card, children under 7 years old. Guided tour 25 € (1-1,5 h) should be reserved beforehand. The Särestöniemi Museum reserves the right to change entrance fees. T. +358 16 654 480. An interesting Museum commemorating the art and life of one of the most famous painters of Finland. Web page: www.sarestoniemenmuseo.fi
- Einari Junttila Art Museum
In Kittilä, Sammontie 5 (behind Nordea bank). Einari Junttila’s (1901 – 1975) 110 years in memorial exhibition. Gallery is open on Thursdays 13.00 – 17.00. Other times on request, t. +358 40 7034657. Closed on public holidays. Ticket 5 €/ adult cash only. www.lapinmuseot.fi
- Gallery Raekallio In Pöntsö at about 18km from Levi towards Muonio. Open daily at 10.00–18.00, free entrance. On request meals and smoke sauna. www.galleriaraekallio.com
- Sirpa Alalääkkölä’s Art On display at Hotel Hullu Poro.
- Marja Pessi Sales Art exhibition in medical Centre Pihlajalinna, please see the opening hours on page 1. www.marjapessi.net
RESTAURANTS / OTHER SERVICES ON REQUEST
- Immelkartano dinners, saunas, t. +358 400 394 182
- Majatalo Jurtta, t. +358 40 147 1235 accommodation etc.
- Luvattumaa lunch, dinners, sauna for groups, bookings in advance, t. +358 40 740 0925
- Restaurant Hullu Poro Kammi reindeer feasts for groups upon request from Hotel Hullu Poro sales, t. +358 16 6510 552
- Restaurant Taivas dinners for groups, t. +358 16 651 0552
- Restaurant Saamen Kammi / Hotel K5 Levi tel. +358 40 456 2059 (GoLevi sales)
- Kiisa Restaurant (Sokos Hotel Levi) on request for groups, t. +358 16 321 5555
- Sammun Tupa meals / sauna / smoke sauna, t. +358 16 650 606
- Taivaanvalkeat and Tonttula for groups (min. 30 persons), t. +358 16 6510 500
- View Restaurant Tuikku on request for groups, t. +358 16 641 466, +358 16 644 240
RECYCLING POINTS IN LEVI
- Recycling points for glass, metal, paper and mixed waste: Front pistes, Lämpötie (road), Nuottirakka, by ST1 petrol station, next to the Levi Tourist Office.
RESTAURANT / CAFÉS
- Hotel Kittilä, Valtatie 49, t. +358 44 760 0200. Lunch Mon - Fri 11.00 - 14.00. Calendar of performance and events here
- Guesthouse Golden Goose Valtatie 42, t. +358 16 642 043, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Café Soma Valtatie 16, Mon-Fri 10.30-18:00,Sat 11.00-18.00. Soup lunch, t.+358 40 509 2585
- Lapin Herkkutupa Café & Bakery Valtaie 37, Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00, Sat 10.00-16.00. Lunch 11.00-14.30. t. +358 40 355 7363
SUPERMARKET / JEWELLERY / GIFT SHOPS / SOUVENIRS / CLOTHES
- Kittilän kukka- ja hautauspalvelu Lumitähti (florist) open Mon - Fri 10.00 - 17.00, Sat 10.00 -14.00
- Aslakin Liike gym reception open daily. Further info from Hotel Kittilä.
- Kittilä library , Kirjatie 1, 99100 Kittilä.
Mon - Thu 11.00 -19.00, Fri 09.00 - 16.00, Sat - Sun closed
OBS! 1.4. - 31.5.2019 open Mon - Thu 11.00 - 18.00, Fri 9.00 - 16.00.
Open Sat 25.5. at 10.00 - 15.00
Further information from the library: +358 40 728 5733
- Tunturikaluste (furniture), addr. Valtatie 2, open Mon - Fri 10.00 - 17.00 and Sat 10.00 - 13.00, t. +358 44 983 4704
- Revontuliopisto various courses in Finnish. www.revontuliopisto.fi
All rights reserved 24.4.2019
Further details and booking from Levi Tourist information or www.levi.fi/en.